experteer
experteer,
77184159

I have a 2006 VW passat estate 2.0l, the powered tailgate

I have a 2006 VW passat estate 2.0l, the powered tailgate lift has ceased to work. It unlocks fine from inside drivers door or key fob, but will not raise as it did when I purchased it. I can lift it manually most times, but sometimes it takes 2 or 3 attempts. It closes fine. Tubby
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had a problem with the locking mechanism & fixed that myself, but not sure where to start with this. I believe there may be 2 motors/actuators in the rear roof lining, not sure.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Right, the car has two engines under the roof. One of the two or sometimes on both engines can no longer move the tailgate up. This can be caused by dirt in the mechanics of the engine or simply wear. Down is not a problem because the engines do not have to work against the weight of the tailgate.

To get to the engines the headliner has to be removed. To dismantle the headliner, the fairings on the A-B-C and D-pillars must be dismantled, as must the handles on the roof.

Then the engines can be removed with the tailgate closed.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts