sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

How long should a clutch last on a 2010 john cooper works

How long should a clutch last on a 2010 john cooper works mini ?

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, being honest the clutch doesn't have a lifetime range specific like the timing chains/belt: It is more due to the kind of driving of each driver in a car.
It depends more on the use and handling of the driver and where he is. For example, if you are located in a mountainous area or where there is a lot of traffic in which you must be using the clutch at all times to be able to move and stop, or if the driver is very used to each time the driver stops, the driver keeps the clutch pressed instead of placing neutral, among other customs that use the drivers that quickly wear out the clutch, these uses make the clutch wears out very quickly.
The clutch replacement is considered a common maintenance that must be done every so often according to the use of the driver, the clutch system is made up of 3 important parts known as the disc, the pressure plate and the flywheel.

You can make the change only of the piece in malfunction, but I recommend you to always replace the complete master clutch kit, and let me explain why.

When one of these parts presents wear problems, this is a common wear and almost evenly, it means that the other parts are soon to wear out when one of them wears out, if it is not already defective.

To make these repairs in the clutch you have to disassemble practically all the transmission, which has a labor cost, so it is not worthwhile to disassemble the gearbox 3 times to replace only one worn piece each time, it is better to disassemble it once and replace the whole kit, if you think about it it is less the cost in this way when you replace the kit than when you replace piece by piece.

For this reason most of the spare houses not to say that they all sell the complete kit but not piece by piece of the clutch system.

Have you understood me dear customer?

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. You can rate at any time by selecting at the 5 stars rating system and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated and is the only way i receive credit.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc. which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Best regards, Sebastian.