sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Reading up on restricted performance warning light.twice in

reading up on restricted performance warning light.twice in 6 months and about 5K miles. last time dealer replaced all the filters but found no real problem. running at 70 -75 mpg this morning on a 40 mile round trip sweat as a nut , go to use it this afternoon and the message appears again. put it in sport mode to change gear s manually and no real issues went up and down box normally.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Warning red triangle in the centre of the dash with "restricted performance red warning writing
JA: What is the model of your '70 Jaguar?
Customer: 2013 XF sportbrake 200 bhp 2.2 diesel
JA: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I dont touch it I have dealer service plan, just trying to understand options of fault
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats about it.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

When the filters were replaced, did the garage scanned the car looking for error codes?
If so, do you ahve the error codes?
Also i'd like to know the mileage of your car.
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No code was given to me at the time. Mileage was 70200, today its, 76025

If so, do you ahve the error codes?
Thanks in advance.

Dear customer what you are presenting is an indicator that the vehicle is entering into limp mode to self-protect, i noted that this only happens only when the transmission is in automatic mode, when switching to the Sport mode and the changes go into manual mode the problem disappears.

Being this,I am observing your mileage remaining and you should be replacing the transmission fluid and may the computer is entering into limp mode to be cautious about the operation of this oil.

Therefore, I would like to know if within the maintenance that you have made, have you replaced the transmission fluid?

I want to explain that the simple fact of having the red warning of restricted performance on the dashboard gives us to understand that there is an error code generated in your Jaguar and this is verifiable through a diagnostic equipment with Jaguar software. Therefore, the garage to which you carry the vehicle must have this diagnostic equipment to be able to access the exact code.

Have you understood me dear customer?

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. You can rate at any time by selecting at the 5 stars rating system and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated and is the only way i receive credit.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc. which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Best regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your reply and input . The Garage is one of the top three UK Jaguar Dealers who have serviced the car since new and undertaken, as far as I can tell all manufacturer specified service tasks at the relevant service intervals.

Dear customer, as it has a full service history, I would not worry about a problem based on maintenance of the transmission, in addition they effectively have the proper equipment to perform a computerized diagnosis.

It would be very helpful if you could share with me the error codes that your vehicle presents and for which the performance indicator is activated on the dashboard because it is best to proceed based on these codes.
About possible causes of this problem are usually due to lack of maintenance but as it is not your case and can go a little further there may be the possibility that one of the sensors is working incorrectly or simply one of the connections of the sensors, to know the exact sensor the diagnostic equipment will tell us through the error code.

Jaguar is a very advanced vehicle that is very detailed by different sensors and actuators that is why we can go quietly to the diagnosis and the diagnosis itself will tell us what the problem is. Do you understand me?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Part helpful 5/10

Thank you dear customer, even after you rate in the 5 stars rating system, we can keep in touch to any further doubt or query you have.
Best regards, Sebastian.