Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Assistant: How can I help? it’s a Skoda Fabia 02 Assistant:

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: it’s a Skoda Fabia 02
Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: The car starts turn stops. The immobiliser light with key symbol is on
Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The light with the key and car symbol and battery
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried moving steering column up down etc and checked battery. Do I need to get a new key etc
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hi..there

Sounds like either you key has lost sync with the cars immobiliser ssytem or fault with the transponder reader ring around the barrel..unless you have another key to verify if the fault occurs on both keys..the only option from this point on is to get plugged intoa scanner..and scan the immobliser module..and then bring up the live data on that module to see if the key is being "seen" or the immobliser is being shut down once its sense the transponder chip in the key or not this will determine that the reader coil is working and the key is likely at fault..