sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

We have a Kia Sportage XS 2005. The central locking system

We have a Kia Sportage XS 2005. The central locking system does not work despite new batteries in remote. The fuse for the central locking and sunroof keeps blowing( same fuse). The doors can be opened with the key but not the boot. Should there have been a separate key for the boot. Local agent can only suggest removing dashboard and checking for faults. No fault in fuse box he says. What use is*****if you can't open the boot. Please help.
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: Presumably the local agent did!
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have taken it to main agent in Newport to fix , left it for 5 days with no result. Desperate now for any ideas.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Problem started because battery was flat, interior light left on which ran the battery down. Battery recharged on slow charge, then discovered that remote control no longer functioned and a fuse had blown. Went to main agent unsuccessfully

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, from your query if you already went to a main garage, most likely the key fob was subjected to a programming that is the most common to happen, usually by downloading the battery the key fob takes all their energy and the key fob is again virgin or is again like newly manufactured and must be programmed again with the vehicle in which it works, if still being programmed the central locking system continues to present problems, the failure can go a little further because it seems strange to me that if the problem occurred only by discharging the battery because it burned some fuse under the dashboard This induces me to what could have happened a short in the system or a rise in voltage either by touching the battery of the vehicle or by a problem in the regulator of the alternator etc.

The technicians of the garage are indicating to you that the vehicle must be subjected to a job in the back of the dashboard, because here are the wiring and the module that work with the centralized lock, in turn to observe why it is not working on the boot, they must disarm the upholstery to get to the electric motor that activates deactivates the lock, and to be able to examine if it is coming voltage or if it simply damaged the cylinder that open the boot.

Then basically, the work depends on the case in which it is already presenting because if the programming of the key fobwas done, this is ruled out besides if a fuse burned. This is an important indication that a voltage rise or a short is occurring, that until the same module you must replace but it must be verified very well before being replaced as it has a considerable cost.

I consider that the garage is doing a correct job, indicating this as long as the above has been ruled out

Have you understood me dear customer?

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. You can rate at any time by selecting at the 5 stars rating system and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated and is the only way i receive credit.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc. which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Best regards, Sebastian.

Have you understood me dear customer?

Best regards, Sebastian.