experteer
experteer,
77184159

I'm changing my timing belt on my 2010 3.0 TDV6, What should

Hi everyone, I'm changing my timing belt on my 2010 3.0 TDV6, What should I change at the same time oil pump? Water pump or both
Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: No, it's on 106000 miles, I've just bought it
Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Range rover sport Tdv6
Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: N0

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

The oil pump doesn't have to be replaced, you can't get to it easily.

What should be done however absolutely is to exchange the water pump also. In about half of all cases the water pump will leak within the first 5-10k miles. Then all the work has to be done again.

Therefore the water pump should always be renewed.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.