sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Ford Fiesta 58 plate, oil leak, looking under car coming

Customer Question

Ford Fiesta 58 plate, oil leak, looking under car coming from middle of car, oil plug.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Not mechanical....worried about driving car...
JA: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?
Customer: No, but car service on a regular basis
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Absolutely nothing, except look under car
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please if you have can identify if the leak is gearbox or engine oil or coolant?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I know leak is as stated in the middle of the car behind the engine, I think. I am not conversant with cars ...
Dear customer in reality always is worried an oil leak. Because the engine run the risk of running out of lubrication and literally blow as well as the gearbox.The first thing that I am going to recommend is that you verify the level of the oil dipstick on the engine, on the front of the engine, you will find those yellow sticks, they mark the oil level and it must reach that level, but if you notice that this level is very low, please DO NOT MOVE THE VEHICLE or turn it on and take it to a nearby garage but towing the car. Be very careful with this.But if the levels are correct or there is very little amount of level lost, you can travel a few miles to the nearby garage to verify the leak.Now the leakage can come from various systems such as the hydraulic oil in the steering or brakes, the engine oil and the transmission oil, the engine and the gearbox oils are measured through the aforementioned rod but the oils of brakes and steering are measured through the containers you will observe them, when you open the hood, you will find some containers, I need you to verify them.Anyway, the most important oils are the engine and gearbox leakage according to the place can come from different places. If it is the engine or the transmission can be due to gaskets seals or estoppers, the technician has to verify that oil is the one that is losing and the place where it is doing the replace. Only the necessary part in this way to avoid high reparation costs but the most important thing and I emphasize this is to verify that both the engine oil and the transmission are at a correct level to prevent the parts from melting/blow and causes high repair cost.
Have you understood dear customer?