Philip
Philip, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  owner at point zero
106201380

My semi automatic 2008 Aygo has suddenly started beeping at

My semi automatic 2008 Aygo has suddenly started beeping at me whenever I put my foot on the accelerator. It doesn't do it for a few miles and then starts. When cruising it is fine but every time I ask it for more it happens. Performance hasn't been affected. No warning lights just a beep beep beep. As soon as I move my foot it stops. Any ideas please?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: None - no warning lights or symbols are beingdisplayed
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Toyota Aygo 2008
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am not trying to fix it but would like to know what problem might be b4 I take it to garage
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi - My name is ***** ***** I will try help ups resolve your issue today. Beeping noises can be so annoying so i will do my best too assist you. Please give me a few moments while I look up some specs for you and I will get bought back. :)

There are so many sensors in cars today that it could be anything related to gearbox, clutch or even faulty seatbelt sensors. You could try reseting the vehicles ECU by disconnecting the battery terminals (negative 1st then positive and then in reverse to connect.) I am not sure if this will solve the issue though but its always with a try.

If it persists I would suggest at least taking it to a Dealer or Specialist near you to see if any errors come up during a routine diagnostic. Because it is related to 'acceleration' and the pedal I would not suggest any DIY fixes at this stage for your own safety - rather be safe than sorry.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Will try battery first and then take to garage if it doesn't work many thanks

Ok great - you are more than welcome. Please do let me know as soon as you can how you progress ?

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you as we don't get paid fro unrated replies. :)

All the best and I look forward to hearing the update.

Philip

Philip, Car Enthusiast
Experience: owner at point zero