experteer
experteer,
77184159

Mk 4 golf diesel. Put turbo cleaner in tank,piece of foil

Mk 4 golf diesel. Put turbo cleaner in tank,piece of foil from lid may have gone inside tank,could it be a problem?
Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: Year 2001,last service march.
Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turbo goes into limp mode,was told to try Wynn turbo cleaner.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it thanks

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Can you tell how big that piece of foil was?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Size of a 5 pence piece but a lot thinner.

Okay, that's a lot.

It could happen that the foil in the tank is also sucked in. This will block the tank. The car then goes out.

The part should already be removed.

The Golf has a hatch under the back seat. If you open this hatch, you will come to the tank receiver / level indicator. This can be screwed out. It would be advantageous if the tank is only about 1/4 full.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
What should I do,is ok to drive.

As I said before, the piece of film should be removed. I explained the access in my previous answer.

Theoretically you can drive. The piece of foil floats in the tank. If this is sucked in at some point, the car will run out.