experteer
experteer,
77184159

I'm interested in a Kia Venga 1.6 auto (petrol) for my

I'm interested in a Kia Venga 1.6 auto (petrol) for my mother-in-law. It's an '11' reg so it's about 8 years old, and has only covered 21,500 miles. Despite the low mileage, will it still need a cam belt change at its 10th birthday, in two years' time?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: No clue - haven't seen it yet. Just going through ads to choose potential cars.
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: Venga 1.6 3 5dr auto petrol. '11' reg, so between March and August 2011
JA: Are you fixing your March yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Sorry, don't understand the question.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's got a rear-view camera fixed to the RHS of the driver's console. Would this be a dealer-fit, rather than a factory fit?

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

The petrol engines have a timing chain.

So there is no toothed belt which has to be replaced.

Even if a timing chain does not have a fixed interval, it can happen that it is long and then has to be replaced. If you start the car after at least 30 minutes of idle time and the engine makes a "rrrrt" noise in the first 1-2 seconds, the chain is elongated and must be replaced.

With KIA this is quite rare.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK thanks, Michael. I'm not sure I'll have 30 minutes when I test-drive the car to leave it idling. But I will ask the garage too. I did also ask a question about the rear-view camera, whether this was a factory-fit or dealer-fit. It looks like someone has added it, it sits on the top of the dashboard just to the right of the driver's eye-line. Many thanks, Guy

No do not leave 30 minutes at idle.

After a standing time of at least 30 minutes (i.e. engine off, vehicle parked).

Or simply listen carefully when the engine is started for the first time if it is still running.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, I understand. Can you answer the question about the rear-view camera?

As far as I know the picture output is also available on Kia via the screen of the radio.

So if there is a separate screen it indicates a retrofitted camera, which wouldn't be bad either.