Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

Engine miss fire, Maserati f1 77000, Quattroporte 2006,

Engine miss fire
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: Maserati f1 77000
JA: What is the model/year of your Maserati?
Customer: Quattroporte 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Quattroporte yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Plugged in reader miss fire no code
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you

Hi my name is ***** ***** I help you on this ?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Gavin. Do you have any suggestions. Plugged in again and says lamba sensor fault and crank sensor fault. Would these faults make it misfire. Plugs changed 10,000 miles ago. Many thanks! Martin

What are you using to get the codes ?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi. Thank you for your reply. an after market reader. I’ve left the car at work now and am athome.

They are a strong engine and I have fitted a fair few failed coil packs on them we just need to find out which cylinder is miss firing how good are you on the spanners ?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi. Not too bad with spanners! I can have a go in the morning when I’m back at work with the car. Thank you

Yes I will be on in the morning we need to locate the dead cylinder have a look at how easy you can unplug each injector for me when you are back at work.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks so much. I know that the rear two are pigs as they’re at the back under the bulk head. Shall I do them one by one and then message you? I have to be out driving first thing but should be free by 1000. Thanks so much Gavin. Martin

one by one so you have two miss fire when the engine is on idle the injector you unplug and the engine sounds the same then that is your cylinder if that makes sense ?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thank you very much. If I get stuck and it’s ok with you, I’ll call you tomorrow and have a chat on the phone. Thanks again and enjoy your evening. Martin

No problem see you in the morning regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Give me a shout when your ready regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Morning Gavin! I have removed the plugs and am 99% sure that it is the coil pack. Any ideas where I can get a replacement as no luck so far?! Many thanks. Martin.

Could you send me a pick as they used VAG group coil packs for a while .

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Part number 281449 thank you

That looks like a VAG group one you could try your local car parts store to match it up or www.italiancarparts.com ect.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks so much Gavin. You have been extremely helpful and I will certainly be recommending you.

No problem if you can try to save my details as there are not many techs on here that get involved or experience on the old Massy . If you need anymore help just ask and feel free to rate me regards Gavin.