experteer
experteer,
77184159

I have a citreon c3 it just stopped turning over and now

i have a citreon c3 it just stopped turning over and now just makes a dingging noise when i turn the key
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: its in neutral and its a manual car . dont think it has a wheel lock feature
JA: What is the model/year of your Citroen?
Customer: its an o5 desire
JA: What year is your Citroen?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am trying too fix myself only got the car last week changed the batery and done 2 bsi resets
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

I assume the digging noise comes from the starter itself?

If so, the starter motor must be replaced. The starter motor does not move out completely into the flywheel to rotate the engine. This is a flaw in this model.

Only rarely is the wiring between battery and starter the problem.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.