sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

How can I change the kph to mph in the top left of the

How can I change the kph to mph in the top left of the drivers dash display. I have a 2019 GLA 180 Urban. Please help. Thanks, ***** ***** driving me mad.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I got the car 9 days ago. Salesperson tells me it cannot be changed, but when driving I have 1 digital speedo in mph and another different one running in kph. AHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!
JA: What is the model of your '19 Mercedes?
Customer: GLA 180 URBAN AUTO
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Followed the owners handbook both online and hard copy supplied with the car.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is it thank you.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you still need help?
If so, could you tell me please if the dealer checked if the change can be done thorugh a scanner tool with mercedes software.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No they did not. They just said it could not be changed. Thanks

Mercedes usually throught their setting in the dashboard allow you to perform this job, you get into setting press the reset button and you should get into the menu, there should can be read cluster, you get in there and then you should read digital speedometer select it, and you can select from kph to mph.
It can be done in some Mercedes with the steering wheels buttons or with the buttons of the cluster.

In case, your Mercedes does not bring this menu, it may be done with a Mercedes Diagnostic tool. It need to be this special tool to gain access to this setting.

It seems weird to me that they told you that it can't be done, also something that indicater me is possible is that you have one working in mph and other in kph. So, in case you can't do it for yourself, you should locate with another dealership to ask them to do it. Or even in your dealership but with the mechanics.

Do you understand me?

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes