sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Renault Megane convertible wire shorted out on rain sensor

Renault Megane convertible wire shorted out on rain sensor now roof won’t go up or down and other items in operatable
Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Roof malfunction comes up on dash the sensor for auto lights and rain sensor on windscreen
Assistant: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 55 plait
Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I checked all fuses which are fine but there could be hidden ones
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The sensor in question had been dismantled but the wires were left bare which resulted in the short circuit
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you confirm your still with me
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the other items are the screen washer doesn’t work center arm wrest buttons for roof and windows do not work

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, reading your question the most worrying is that there was a short cable discovered, the main fuse boxes of this Megane model are some under the dashboard and another under the engine compartment, when a short occurs most likely to be produce is that part of the wiring of the system is damaged or that the fuse itself is damaged without damaging the fuses, when this is the case, the complete wiring of the system where the damage occurred must be dismantled, and verify where the short occurred, as you are going to note that when a short occurs, somewhere in the wiring it melts a bit and even split, because of the overheating that occurs, this is what must be verified to correct this fault.
on, on the other hand, I am concerned that not only is the system affected, but that there are other systems that also stopped working, when this is the case, sometimes it is because in one of the places the connections melt and for this the fault or the short one covers several parts. This being so, we have to verify not only the wiring line but also the fuse box on the bottom where the wiring arrives, that has not melted or damaged this part, if so, the complete fuse box must be replaced.

Do you understand me, dear customer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do understand but if say the wires have melted wouldn’t the fuse still blow on those circuits. Thank you for your response Sebastian. Colin

Sometimes the fuses are broken sometimes not, so first the fuses should be checked very well, if it bursts that's good, because the circuit is cut, it must be that they burst so that the circuit does not continue in the short, but when not, it's where the problems come