sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Deterioration in exhaust emission values, 76000, fine, Mini

Customer Question

Deterioration in exhaust emission values
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 76000, fine
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Mini one convertible, 2007
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Done nothing. Engine not round but shakes a bit. Might be a problem with plugs?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, the increases of pollutants in the exhaust gases are mostly due to the fact that the vehicle can not regulate its mixture correctly.

The mixture inside the cylinders must always be stoichiometric (equal amount of fuel with the same amount of air) when we have problems in the mixture, the exhaust system contaminates more than the normal by the bad regulation of the combustion, effectively as well you indicate me, you have a judder or tremor in the operation of the engine, this tells me more to me than indeed if you are presenting faults in the same engine and therefore the bad regulation of the mixture.

I am going to recommend you to perform a good general maintenance, this maintenance consists of:
A replacement of all filters first, both fuel and air.

A cleaning of the injectors and checking in a test bench to observe that these are correctly spraying the fuel and injecting it, evenly in all.
A cleaning of the throttle body, disassembling it completely washing it and placing it again.

It is good to check the pressure of the fuel pump that is close to 50 kPa and that is not falling, if not, replace it.

Check the condition of the spark plugs, if you have time without replacing them do it, to make sure they are burning completely and correctly all the fuel.

Dear customer, with these maintenance very surely your problem in the regulation of the exhaust gases will improve and the vibration will go away.

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. You can rate at any time by selecting at the 5 stars rating system and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.
Best regards, Sebastian.