sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Dpf has needed regen twice in 3 weeks car only 3 months old.

JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2019 Kia stonic
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s been back to the dealer twice and they’ve cleaned but it just keeps happening. Not sure what I can do to stop it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, it is strange that your kia 2019 is asking so often regeneration, normally when a vehicle asks for frequent regeneration is because there is something in the DPF that is obstructing and indicates to the driver to be regenerating, most of the regeneration occurs due to the dirt that occurs in the DPF which must be cleaned by this regeneration.

As I do not consider that your vehicle has accumulated dirt problems because it is so recent, I will recommend you first perform a computerized diagnosis to rule out that it is not simply an error code stored in the problem. This diagnosis if you can carry it out in the KIA for better guarantee issue still, but if for some reason you can not attend the dealership or you want to reduce costs, you can go to any trusted garage that has a diagnostic equipment with KIA software.

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. You can rate at any time by selecting at the 5 stars rating system and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.
Best regards, Sebastian.