sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

This is a question to a VW specialist what is the procedure

Hi this is a question to a VW specialist what is the procedure to repair the car after high-pressure fuel pump Failure, Metal particles in the fuel line, two injectors damaged

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, first the most important thing is to observe the injectors to see if the injectors allowed the passage of metal shavings to the cylinders of the engine.
Second, there are two ways to proceed, one is replacing the entire fuel rail and the other is disassembling and cleaning it carefully, it is best to replace the rail because many times the metal waste damages the injection components and their seals, this causes the fuel is leaking at times and it can be dangerous to stay that way, but when we do not notice the leakage and we do not realize it.

Then the tank is dismantled and a very good cleaning is carried out, in turn, the whole body of the pump and the fuel pump itself must be replaced.

The pressure regulator must also be replaced if it is within your budget to replace all the injectors do it.

This is the best way to proceed, the worst is as I told you at the beginning, that the waste has entered the engine and can damage the cylinder and a valve, this leads to quite expensive repairs, so I recommend that First of all, verify that these metallic residues have not passed from the injectors to the cylinders.

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.
If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. You can rate at any time by selecting at the 5 stars rating system and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.
Best regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi mate the injectors have been tested three are scrap One apparently still okay I’ve already bought three injectors new high-pressure pump new fuel sender unit secondhand fuel tank secondhand fuel rail all new houses I think the high-pressure pipes I will clean. New Regulation valve and new high-pressure sensor I already doing it second time because previous garage failed to repair it ,injectors were giving up just one after another 5-6 total new injectors after repair
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don’t think they checked if the metal past injectors
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They claiming they done everything according to procedure problem is I had to put in the new injector for every 20 miles I done

Yes, dear customer. It is applying the correct procedure, the only thing that I would add is that you did incapie in that they verify that the cylinders are well and that no metal bits have gotten into them. nothing more.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Car is in a different garage Because they just kept on changing injectors it’s a VW cc 2013 2 L diesel

Dear customer, but already the aforementioned parts were replaced, correct?. I am only observing that there is need to check the cylinders any more and cleaning the tank, right?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They changed the high-pressure pump and the injectors and supposed to clean the fuel system after received a car from them injector started to give up and they changed five injectors after I took the car to a different garage they sent all injectors for testing that were left in the car and three out of 4 that’s scrap

Dear customer it is better to replace the rail, in my first response I was telling you that it is difficult to clean these rails completely, the metal bits are very difficult to remove completely, an injector for a simple dirt can be damaged, now by a small metal chip can also be damaged.
Do not settle for cleanliness, it's better to replace it. It is what should have been done instead of replacing injector after injector.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello I’m proceeding now the second time in a different garage is
I bought a secondhand high-pressure fuel rail car done only 20,000 miles before got scrapped in an accident apparently at least that’s what the seller is claiming I bought three new injectors as one apparently is still okay I’ve bought a secondhand tank seller is claiming that The donor also damaged in an accident but I will still inspect and clean the tank just to be sure before installing I’ve bought a new fuel sender unit planning to change all the fuel lines also for new from tank to filter and from filter to high-pressure pump I did buy new regulatory valve and high-pressure fuel sensor The only thing I’m leaving all the metal pipes that go from the high-pressure fuel pump and the ones that go to injectors as the mechanic is claiming that is very easy to clean them
Do you think that will be sufficient the previous garage have been taking off the engine cover as the bolts that holding the injectors snapped and they have inspected
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
camshaft I believe that’s how it’s called and they said it’s in perfect condition not even a scratch,unfortunately nobody did check the combustion chambers All the cylinders if that’s the right name for it but I will instruct the mechanic to have a look
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry to extend that conversation I know that you done already more than necessary I’m giving you five stars doesn’t matter if your answer to this last question or not