Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

ABS warning light came,need to know what is the root cause

ABS warning light came,need to know what is the root cause and the cost of fixing it.
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: I already checked in a garage, also located the issue will mostly be abs pump....But I need it to be diagnosed first for error code
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Just ABS light no issue with brakes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: AUDI 2009 A3 sport
JA: Are you fixing your A3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No went to a mechanic,he checked all sensors and told all are fine.. And issue seems to be in abs pump mostly...and told to take it to audi dealer to check for fault codes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not anything I would need a usual cost estimate as the car is old,not sure it is worth the cost of repairing

Hi..there..

Cost would depend on the issue with the pump itself.. "if" thats whats faulty..bearing in mind Audi would likely diagnsoe it for you but a premium, at their labour rate...id maybe suggest looking aorund locally for someone else who has a better scan tool to access the ABS control module and see what codes are present..it doesnt always have to be the dealer..most modern high end scantools can do all that stuff....also its is possible to repair ABS pumps/modules.. trying looking up ECUTESTING on goggle and see if they can help..cost wise i a little dificult to say at this stage without concrete evidence as per the ABS issue..and what gone wrong with it..you'd be best as above seeking someone else locally witha better scan tool . or even a independant specialist even.see what the codes are then try the website is suggested above after all that you should be in a better position as to cost for repairs..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.