Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

J just fitted a brand new starter motor to my pergeot 206cc

Hi j just fitted a brand new starter motor to my pergeot 206cc ,fitted it exactly as per old one i took out.2 electrical connections the same, big one on top and the smaller wire to the right .and when ive put car back together and the moment i connect possitive lead to battery then the negative last, theres a spark and the engine starts cranking by itself.any ideas please
Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: Hi thats with no key in the ignition.the old one was just clicking but not turning over, so i changed it for a new one.
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: Pergeot 206cc 2007
Assistant: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hi yes fixing my 206cc myself
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so

Hi my name is ***** ***** I help you on this ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi i hope so, just fitted a new starter motor as above and soon as connect battery starts to crank on its own.any ideas

The main battery lead must be in contact with the solenoid

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Gavin there is only 2 places to connect new starter motor wires and they only fit one way, they have these little bits of steel with a hole for the thread and nuts they only fit one way.dont understand how the main battery lead can be in contact.put everything back as per old starter motor.

Have you got a volt meter or test light

When you get chance can you call me on***********regards Gavin.