Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My company rented Citron C4 Cactus 2019 Manual car, from

My company rented Citron C4 Cactus 2019 Manual car, from AVIS, which I will be driving on Monday morning. I went inside the car to familiarise my self. I found that I can not release manual handbreak. I searched for instruction, I can not find any. Can you please help me how to release the manual hand break.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Citroen C4 Cactus 1.2 5dr, Manual transmission
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: I can shift the clutch. I pressed the clutch down, changed the gear to 1, then tried to release the manual hand break, which I am not able to release, it is very hard to move the handbreak
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my previous massege tells you what I have done so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi..there..

It should be just like you normal handbrake - The Cactus had 2 types of handbrake lever shape if you will..one like a T shape with a button on the side and of course the "norm" handbrake with the thumb button at the top..normally sometimes you have to pull the handbrake in the on position pull up on it slightly more and then depress the button and release...the T shaped type handbrake..the same pull up slightly depress the button at the side of the grip and it should release...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** released now. I have been driving auto car for the last 4 years. When I pulled the hand break lever up, the release, it worked. I was missing the pulling up before release.