sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have 320d 07 plate and on central locking system my

Hi I have 320d 07 plate and on central locking system my drivers side door now has to be locked & unlocked with a manual key, besides BMW anywhere in west London I can get it fixed?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 90k
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 320d / 2007
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried with battery and the fuse but no joy CLICK MECHAnic people were supposed to have come out today as an appointment was made but even thats a let down!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, is the drivers side door the only one not wokring with the central locking?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have been using the manual key to lock and unlock
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok why give me that option then
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Whats the response?

The system of door openings is controlled by a module known as the central locking module, this is responsible for controlling doors, hood, rear-view windows (according to the model) etc. There are certain aspects that may be happening in your vehicle:
Starting with problems of battery not only of the key fob but also of the vehicle, when it has problems in the power supply of the battery the modules do not receive the voltage required for its operation, another important aspect is that the key fob battery no longer has charge, this happens a lot. These batteries have a short period of time, so they must be replaced frequently to work properly, you should consider the key fob, although as it is only in just one door is it unlike to be the reason of the problem.

Another cause can be the wiring or the soloneid of the locking of the door, this tend to fail someties due to loose connector, split wiring or that the solenoid is not working, this has to be checked with a tester to check the signal to see if it is arriving properly.

My recommendation is to start with a computerized diagnosis first, because this can rule out several problems in the electrical system and modules, you can also reprogram the key fob which is usual to get deprogrammed. The diagnosis will also show if the problem is with the module itself or with its wires or connectors that sometimes produce the problem you have.
This works can be done for locksmith and specialist in this system, as well as the dealership.

If you do not want to scan the vehicle start as i told you with the check of the solenoid its connectors and its wiring.