CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

There is a funny sound with the engine and there is a faint

There is a funny sound with the engine and there is a faint smell like electric fire when the engine is on but no smoke
Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?
Customer: About 50 000 miles and not noticed any oil or coolant stains on the road.
Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Nissan micra
Assistant: Are you fixing your Micra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing done yet as l just noticed it today.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

What year is your Nissan Micra?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
September 2008

Check for any electrical wires touching the exhaust manifold. This can get very hot and will burn wires. Have you had anyone do any work in the engine bay prior to this burning smell?

Sorry, I can't take phone calls at the moment. If you want, I can release your question and you can wait until an expert can speak to you?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Leave it for tomorrow morning.

Ok, I will take your call tomorrow. Thank you