Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

Baz suggested Quick Start which worked and the Jag started

Baz suggested Quick Start which worked and the Jag started with no problems for 3 days.Then it won't, even with Quick Start. It turns over but won't fire. We've had heavy dew in the mornings, but after temperatures in 30's during the days, it still won't fire. Recharged the battery, new fuel filter.......

Hi my name is ***** ***** I pick up on this ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sure

What is going on with your vehicle ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It's all in my last 'questions'. Jag X, 2006. Since we had it 3 months ago, it's been running perfectly. Suddenly wouldn't start. Cranks but won't fire. After replacing battery, fuel filter and other bits, still won't start. First time using Just Answer Baz suggested trying Quick Start. Bingo, started first go. That lasted for 3 days and now it won't start again, still cranks but won't fire. Here in Italy the daytime temperatures around 30+ but mornings are now a bit damp.

petrol or diesel ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
diesel

Ford TDDCI unit it sounds like it is suffering with fuel back up issue

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Right Gavin, we're going to find it. Any guidance on how to test it?

It is complex just give me a few mins just dealing with a lady broken down on the m way one moment

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK when you have a minute.

Thanks I am back one to one it is fitted with Delphi fuel injection great when working but on this system the smallest of air leaks overnight you end up with a crank no start do not use any form of engine start at all

I put a $5 so you can ring me if you want or I can keep typing .

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Phones here are notoriously unreliable, cut out etc. etc. so typing is the best for us.

ok is the car stuck on your drive

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
bonnet open battery fully charged

I take it you are not in the Uk ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Southern Italy

You need the fuel priming equipment and scan tool to start with if you class yourself as a better than average tech then go for it. How far away is the nearest good independent that you can speak to ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK Gavin, maybe we'll give that a go. However, the starter motor is now turning the engine over but stopping immediately. The scan tool is just showing P1000. Unfortunately the nearest garage is a way, we're in the middle of nowhere. And all the ones we used to rate have closed down!! We don't have fuel priming equipment but could probably get it. Thanks anyway we'll give it a go, luckily we have an old small runabout so are still mobile.

ok if you want click that phone request then I can give you my personal email so you can get hold of me outside J A if not feel free to rate me regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How does that work Gavin? We ring you or you ring us with the E address?
send me a mail so I know how it is regards Gavin.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Gavin, your email address bounced back to me.

all small letters***@******.*** it could be because of how busy it has been today JA works inline with that so might be jammed try again now please

Try it now the log jam has ended

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
ok