sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I'm looking to buy a used car, as money is tight for me

I'm looking to buy a used car, as money is tight for me right now, it is likely to be an old car. Which make of cars usually pass the test of time, and which makes should I stay away from?

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please what is your budget more or less in order to be more specific with the car models?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I don't want to spend more than thousand pounds really. Ideally half that!
Dear customer with this budget we have more options than you may think.
There are even coupe option like Hyundai Coupe (2002-2009) or Mazda MX-5 (2000-2004).
Lexus IS200 2004-2005
Audi A3 2004Be aware of some models like Astra and Focus, those are good cars but need to have their maintenances. Up to date
Be aware with these cars and make sure that they have history fault record and its MOT up to date.
With these you will know what maintenances should be take or if the car has any problem.
Have you understood me dear customer?Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. You can rate at any time by selecting at the 5 stars rating system and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated and is the only way i receive credit.
Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc. which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.
Best regards, Sebastian.