experteer
experteer,
77184159

My wife is on her way to work in a Citroen c4 and she say

My wife is on her way to work in a Citroen c4 and she say she can’t turn the radio off and the heating is blowing out cold air. The alarm went off as she set off. When she switches the car off everything keeps working and is worried she’ll end up with a flat battery. She thinks it’s a computer problem. Can you offer any help please. Many thanks
JA: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?
Customer: Don’t think so. She got reminders when pressures were dropping on a particular tyre. She had a flat( the result of a pothole) about a month ago and had it replaced.
JA: What is the model/year of your Citroen?
Customer: C4 2004
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I’m at home and wife is the car about 20 miles away on her way to work at a local hospital.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don’t think so.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

I also think it's an electrical problem with one of the control units.

Your wife can only try to reset the controllers by disconnecting the battery clamp for about 5 minutes and then reconnecting.

If it is a software error, it should be fixed after reconnecting the battery.

If not, there is nothing left for your wife to do but to disconnect the battery at work and then go to a garage after work.

The problem is, if disconnecting the battery doesn't help, you can exclude the software. The problem then lies in the hardware. The possibilities are so varied that you can't say anything without reading the fault memory.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.