sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My dashboard on my 2003 Volvo XC90 has no lights

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
All the headlights, indicators, radio etc still working
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am a member of Just Answer
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I will wait to hear from you

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, have you checked the fuses s ofar?
How this problem happened?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It comes on and off. I am not sure where the fuses are
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am not with the vehicle. My wife has it
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The gauge that shows the Milelage left and all the messages has been down for awhile. The whole thing stopping working only started yesterday

Dear customer, your Volvo has some fuse boxes located under the dashboard and another located under the engine compartment. This is the first thing you can check and you can do it yourself, you can check the status of the fuses to see if any of them is burned so you have to replace it.

If the fuse box is correct, you probably had a problem on the dashboard as such, at this point a technician should first check the condition of the rear connections, which are not corroded, that the cables are not broken or damaged and that this area is not wet or with some kind of problem.

Then the technician must verify the state of the dashboard itself, as it is like any electronic component, is all made up of an electronic board that monitors and sends the signals of all the indicators and the lights it has, if this board is burned or has some type of defect, the board will not work so it is that after verifying the wiring it must be verified if the board is in good condition or if it warrants a replacement.

When a board is defective, the entire entire board must be replaced as the spare part houses do not sell only the board, what you could do is also get a second board which will reduce the cost of repair.

Have you understood me dear customer?

Dear Customer, my goal is to give you the best advice I can and I hope that I've helped today.If more help is needed or something is not understood, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. You can rate at any time by selecting at the 5 stars rating system and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated and is the only way i receive credit.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc. which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Best regards, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I will look at the fuse boxes later, when the car comes back. I will take your other points on board.

Ok dear customer, even after you rate we can keep in touch, so i will keep attentive.
Kind regards, Sebastian.