sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a second hand 2015 kia sportage 2.0 awd crdi auto

hi, i have a second hand 2015 kia sportage 2.0 awd crdi auto 136ps, i am curious, would resetting the adaptive gearbox learning help with gear changes as it tends to want to change gears at high rpm even when i am driving moderate speeds ?
JA: How many miles are on the Kia? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: 46000 and no fluid leaks, recently cleaned intake valves and egr unit and cleaned MAF all working better than before, when i got the car it would do avg 22 mpg, now does 26-28 mpg in town, (lots of acceleration)
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and see above
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i would like to know how to reset the adaptive automatic gearbox learning and if this would reset it so that it should change gear at lower rpms and use the engine torque better?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
with moderate driving, ie; keeping to pace of traffic, gear changes are betwee 2500-3000 rpms and if i shift it into manual mode, i can achieve better mpg whilst maintaining same speeds and acceleration. i am wondering if resetting the ecu or gearbox adaptive learning unit, if this would help with this issue?

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you still need help?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I still need help

Hello dear customer, i apology for my long delay during the weekend. I had a familiar travel. Sorry.

Dear customer, the gearbox has an exact sequence to make the changes, it is not adjustable or adaptable, the truth is that the gearbox makes the changes before 3000 rpm is a very good relationship and is in its optimal operation.

The dual systems are mostly used to improve the performance of the vehicle, among these improvements is the decrease in fuel.

Therefore the adjustment of the gearbox as you wish is not solvable.

Have you understood me dear customer?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I completely understand. I did have a feeling that this might be the case with this vehicle. Thank you for answering my question.

You are welcome dear customer, best wishes.