experteer
experteer,
77184159

I was driving on the motorway today and the EPC light came

I was driving on the motorway today and the EPC light came on, simultaneously the car started to slow down and even though I was pushing the accelerator, it wouldn’t speed up. I eventually came to a light where I stopped and restarted the car, to which the EPC light went off and the car clutch and accelerator was fine. Is this something serious to worry about?
Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: After I had restarted the car there was no trouble
Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Seat Ibiza 2012
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven’t done anything to the vehicle
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that’s all

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

The flashing of the EPC lamp is unfortunately only a very general hint.

The lamp only indicates that something is wrong with the motor control or that an error has been detected in your case. This can be a problem with the injection, the throttle or the gas pedal. What exactly is the cause can only be determined by a workshop reading the fault memory.

It is normal for the car to lose power.

Since the lamp went out again when you restarted, it can be assumed that the cause of the fault was only present for a short time. If the lamp remains off, you have nothing to fear.

However, if the lamp should go on again, the car should definitely go to a workshop to have the memory read out once.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.