experteer
experteer,
77184159

I have an mgzt 190 i had a problem with the breaks.the abs

hi i have an mgzt 190 i had a problem with the breaks.the abs light was coming on now and then so i had my mechanic look at it he put it on the code machine and he got a reading.code 24 inconsistant wheel speeds he didnt know what it ment as he has never heared of it be
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: abs light
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: rover mgzt(###) ###-####JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i had the pads and discs all round replaced.after that. the light started coming on. so i contacted him.he has tested the car and said the breaks are working fine.when he test drove the car the abs light came on now and then.i brought new sensors but he said it didnt need them.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no only what inconsistant wheel speeds mean.thanks

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

I don't think the sensors are the cause either. Rather the encoder rings. The vehicle has a sensor ring on each wheel (this is the ring on which the sensor points).

If one of the rings is damaged or heavily soiled, the wheel speed for the control unit is no longer even, but from the point of view of the control unit the wheel gets snowier sometimes slower.

Therefore the encoder rings have to be checked if they are damaged. If they are ok, simply clean them. Also clean the sensors quietly, because of the magnetism it can happen that dirt is deposited during the exchange of the BRemsen and influences the measuring result.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.