experteer
experteer,
77184159

Suzuki gw250. Petrol in oil causing clutch slip. Clutch slip

Suzuki gw250. Petrol in oil causing clutch slip.
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: Clutch slip only
JA: What is the model/year of your Suzuki?
Customer: Inazuma250.year-2014
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Oil changes to flush out petrol,but problem soon returns.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thankyou

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Does the oil run into the clutch housing on the gearbox?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I think so. It seems to get worse when bike has not been used for awhile.

Oh, excuse me, I missed the fact that it's a bike. It's still too early in the morning :-)

Normally no petrol should get into the oil when the bike is stopped. This only happens when the engine is on, because only then fuel gets into the cylinder. Some fuel in the oil is normal, that's because the piston rings are never 100% tight.

Now it depends, if you drive only short distances, then the fuel comes due to the greasing of the mixture with the cold start and the fact that the oil does not become so warm that the fuel evaporates again and can escape over the crankcase ventilation.

If you drive long distances, a workshop should check whether the piston rings are not damaged. If they are too loose in the liner, fuel will get into the oil while driving. This does not always mean that oil will be burned.

You only have the problems after the service life because the fuel separates from the oil and then floats up.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The bike runs really well but petrol in clutch causes it to loose it completely. Bike is fuel injected,was thinking there might be some sensor or other component may be faulty.

They even say that the bike runs well. If a sensor was defective, the injection would no longer function properly and the bike would greatly reduce performance, since the injection is monitored just like in a car.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is there a fuel shut off solenoid on this type of bike.sorry to be a pain ,but my mechanical knowledge is limited.

No, the nozzle remains closed when the engine is switched off.

But I know what you're getting at. That's a very good approach, I haven't come up with this idea yet.
You think that the residual pressure in the system could drip off through the nozzle and collect in the combustion chamber.

To be honest, this is a good idea.

This should be checked by a workshop if the nozzle drips.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Out of interest .Had to fit new exhaust this year,could possibly need remapping?

No, with 4 stroke vehicles the exhaust has no influence on the injection. Only with 2 stroke vehicles it was so, because the 2 stroke engine needs the back pressure for the gas exchange.

With the 4 stroke engine the valves do that.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks for your help Michael.off to work now.Is it possible to chat with you again if needed?

Yes of course.