sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Have this codes 2aaf, 29e0,2af0. Car in the morning shake

Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Yes i did, 2aaf, 29e0, 2af0
Assistant: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2010 318i
Assistant: Are you fixing your 318i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes i try the hig pressure fuel sensor
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please what diagnostic tool are you using?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This tool

Dear customer, when the vehicle is cold, it costs to start or do you have to give several tries for the engine to start?

What I am observing is an error code referring to a defective fuel pump, therefore other error codes referring to the exhaust gases are being generated because there is a bad mixture due to this defect in the pump.

But before proceeding to replace the pump, several factors must be verified, above all, do certain maintenance like cleaning the injection rail, replacing the filters, verify that there is not much dirt in the fuel tank and the pump, it can be tested before replacing.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The car in the morning or cold when it starts it has little long crank but start in one go, motor oscillates about 3 minutes after it gets warm

Yes dear customer, it is very likely that you have problems with fuel pressure due to pump defects.

But I would recommend that you first perform a deep maintenance on the injection rail, disassembling the injection pump and the injectors and cleaning them in addition to a calibration in a test bench, this is recommended for the year of your car, but it is very likely that you should replace the low pump.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
This low pump is located here? This is the low fuel pump? Thx

The low pump is located in the fuel tank.
Did you take a picture?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Like this?

Yes dear customer, that is a low fuel pump.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Nice I bought the low pressure sensor too u think I try to change the low pressure sensor or go straight to the pump ?

It is not neccesary but if you want to replace it as well to have it all new, it is not bad.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok i will try and i let u know, thx for helping u help a lot

You are welcome, it is apleasure can help. With a good maintenance as i explain to you, will help a lot and the performance will be good.