experteer
experteer,
77184159

My diahatsu sirion has a power steering issue Assistant:

My diahatsu sirion has a power steering issue
Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: No noises. But when i first start car in morning or after its been parked for a while the power stering fault light comes on and car almost impossible to steer
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Daihatsu?
Customer: 2008
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It sorts itself out after you rock steering wheel and restart car

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

The fact that the problem usually only occurs at the first start in the morning gives hope.

The Daihatsu Sirion very often have problems with the electric motor of the power steering. Normally the steering columns where the motor is located have to be replaced.

But since it is only at the beginning and usually only at the first start of the day, I suspect that the battery is the cause. Recharge it with a charger or replace it if necessary. If the battery is no longer ok, it is possible that the voltage or the capacity drops so far that after the first start there is not enough current to supply everything. Since the power steering is the component that consumes the most power, it is temporarily switched off.

Therefore you should start with the battery.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.