Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

It wont start ive had battery checked & its ok. Theres a

It wont start ive had battery checked & its ok. Theres a message coming up saying control mot defailant
Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: No
Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Peugeot expert tepee 2012
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive jump started it to check if it was the battery
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi..there..

Does the engine actually spin over?

Do have anything to plug into the 16pin dlc to perform a scan on the ECU? or have you done that and what codes are set?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Engine dnt turn over. I havnt done that, dont know how to

Ok..the message is "Engine Management System Faulty" which is quite perculair its come up in french text instead? there is a panel under the steering wheel where your fuses are to the right side you have your 16pin socket..youneed to plug in a scanner to see what codes is stored and give direction to type of fault you have..if you can find someone to that then you can come back here and let me know... has someone checked power is getting to starter motor and power is reaching it when the key is held in the start position..if notthen that test will needto be done..alo check to see if anything else on the car isnt working ie: headlamps,wipers etc..to guage an idea if this is a main power issue or an main earth that gone..you might know that if you earth the engine by putting the back jump cable to an engine earth and the negative on the battery and see if power is restored...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** & lights & control panel are all working fine

Ok... you'll need to next find out power to starter next or check main earths from battery negative to body and check for corrosion..next from that is too what codes are set in ecu..if you find someone with lexia 3 diagnostics would be advantage..and see what codes if any are set..if you need help with that,codes etc..then jsut let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you very much

No problem... If you need anything else just ask... If you could leave a rating for me helping you with your question.much apprecaited