Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Adblue fault has lit up on my car Mercedes e220 Cdi, is it

Hi Adblue fault has lit up on my car Mercedes e220 Cdi, is it safe to drive, adblue is full?
Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Adblue check manual with Eml on
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2015
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Been on a long drive, tried to clear fault with streetwise diagnositic , it clears the errors but as soon as you start it they both warnings come on?
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is on dash

Hi..there..

Adblue system faults on these cars isnt uncommon..usually its the adblue nox sensor thats gives a heck of alot of problems on these cars mercedes have an updated one thats gets fitted and then the system recalibrated/reset/tank level checked..the problem with these systems even if the tank is full and fault is current it can start countdown to total shutdown..which means being unable to start the car a bit like when the adblue tank is empty..so you can still drive it intially..bearing in mind as above

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I use this car for business, will I be able to drive this safely till Mercedes book me in? All my driving is motorway?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Any knows, the cost of this and any recommendations Garage’s around Derby, apart from Dealers who could sought this out please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this sensor listed for a recall?

Its not under recall as ive replaced a few before..the sensor isnt cheap the price £550 last time i checked thats why you should find a proper specialist in mercedes to ensure its 100% verfied if thats the case or not..Im not entirely sure of Derby myself..the best thing you can do is google search for independant specialists that will give you what previous customer rating they have that are close to which ever location your in the Derby area and then..but in the meantime i dont see why you cant still drive it until as such you get it booked in to which ever elected garage you use..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome..hoepfully you get it sorted out..if you need anything else then just ask...in the meantime if you could leave a rating for me..thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry forgot to ask, if it’s the sensor, how big of a job is it putting it on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much time involved & labour cost?

Its not a bad job to do.its under the car passenger side..you have the module or sensor control box then the sensor off that into the exhaust after exhaust filter...generally the most part is the sensor removal from exhaust..they can sometimes be seized and could strip the threads..so they need to ensure the area around the sensor is heated up to aid removal..depends really some are to remove than others...as far as labour cost "cost" i cant really say tbh..as alot of places tend to charge differant rates over others...AT PRESENT your main priority will be to have it diagnosed and see and confirm what kind of problem is wrong with the adblue system.so dont go out buying any sensors yet..so of course you wil be looking at diag fee on that and again that varies greatly if their using dealer level scan tool then hat would be an advantage..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi guys, showed it to a mechanic who’s got a good diagnostic tool, he said it showing weak solution? any idea?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ve been using this Adblue, it shows the right iso number? Do you think this could have caused the fault?

Hi.. They can be quite sensitive to adblue type..alot of BMW's are like that too..as some adblue type actually have solution with cerium in it which is little more expensive..motor factors type which is usually what sell in the pic above can be weak..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks guys, cars gone to dealers, will let you know the outcome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
163;£££££��

No problem..keep me posted how you get on anyway

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do��
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any way, where are you based

Im based up North in the UK..Glasgow

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LOL 2 far for me

Haha..oh well... but like i say keep me posted on events..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dealers take the mickey, dropped of yesterday, it was booked for today, so assume they will look at in the morning, just rang up for progress, they said we going to look at it shortly ��
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank God, got my car back, they put 2 upgraded Nox sensors and software update, thankyou for giving me helpful info

Thats no problem...glad its all sorted out for you..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
55357;�
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
What is the service schedule for 7g gear box on Mercedes w212 e220 CID blue tec
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
All so fuel filter

Hi..there..

7G gearbox..every 40,000miles

Fuel Filter - every 30/40,000miles

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

No problem..

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Why does the rear tyre inner edge goes quicker than the rest of tyre. 220 psi as stated tyre pressure? Checked 4 wheel tracking all ok? Do I need to put more pressure