sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Won’t start, changed battery. Nothing happens when we put

Won’t start, changed battery. Nothing happens when we put the key card in. Can’t lock the car, no lights at all, radio works!
Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: Mechanic did it
Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Renault Grand Scenic 2006 1.6
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We are trying to find out what the problem is to work out if it is worth repairing. Mechanic just changed the battery
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don’t think so! Not really sure what else they need to know

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
Dear customer, even with the new battery in the car and fob the car does nothing when you try to start on the car?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that’s right. The new battery is fitted in the car and key fob still nothing

Hello dear customer, i apology for my delay yesterday i had a personal issue and i couldn't get online before.

Dear customer, could you tell me how it happened, did this happen after having made a repair to the vehicle?
I would like to know if you do not see any indicator on the dashboard that indicates which immobilizer system or anti-theft system is on?

I understand that the vehicle is not doing anything to try to start. Most of the time, this may be due to problems in the ignition recognition system but it can also be problems in the starting system that is being the electric starting system and the starting motor located the bottom of the engine
I would like to rule out the recognition system.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It just failed to start, we tried to start it with jump leads without success so assumed it needed a new battery. We replaced the battery and nothing improved. We think it’s the immobiliser light glowing red faintly but it could just be the reflection of the bulb. I can have a look this evening when it is dark and see if I can see anything. My feeling is that it is just the reflection and nothing apart from the radio is working

Dear customer, i apology for my delay during the weekend i had some issues to sort out.
About your query.

Dear customer there is very likely that the immobilizer system has been activated, because of how your fault happened. But these are also the symptoms of problems in the electronic module system system responsible for controlling the electrical system.

I am going to make the following recommendations to make these revisions before proceeding:

Then I will recommend you check all the fuses and relays located further to the engine compartment and under the dashboard that is not burned and that all the reliefs are good and not glued.

I recommend you first of all after the review and the fuses and relays make a computerized diagnosis through this diagnosis you will be able to find the error codes that are experiencing the ignition of the electrical system and if among those error codes the immobilizer appears, you will be able to be sure that the immobilizer is activated. This is the best way. What can you do to discard the immobilizer but you can also proceed directly to the immobilizer system programming with a programming device.

Dear customer If the immobilizer system is not activated there I would recommend you disassemble the electronic mode of the electrical system (ECM) or (BCM), to rule out if one of these modules is defective. The good thing is that as your scenic is 2006 you can find All these modules fromsecond-hand electronic parts at much lower prices.

Therefore it does not consider that the vehicle should be discarded only make a good review before making any replacement.

Have you understood me dear customer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, I’m a bit lost but it makes sense, I will pass the information on to someone you is a little more technical than I am. It may be a day or so before I have any news. Thank you

You are welcome. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. Even after you rate, we can keep in touch.
It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just to let you know, we have traced the problem to a corroded wire connecting the battery. Thank you for your help