experteer
experteer,
77184159

I had an MOT ON MY 3 year old micra n-tec at end of June, it

I had an MOT ON MY 3 year old micra n-tec at end of June, it passed with following advise. Suspension arm pain or both bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement both sides.I had it serviced at the same garage last week having done only 194 miles in between and that they reported that both lower arm bushes were split.I had to pay for them to be be renewed.
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: No, I’ve not noticed any changes although it feels “stiffer” to drive now. Should it have passed its MOT is one question and the other is surely there is some fault with this bush thing for it to have corroded within three years. Could there be a manufacturing fault there?
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Nissan Micra N-tec. 2016. It has done 8,321 miles normal driving
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has been serviced each year at the garage where I bought it. I hope I haven’t sent it lots of times but my finger gets rather dry and sometimes my iPad does not respond.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I hope I haven’t sent it lots of times but my finger gets rather dry and sometimes my iPad does not respond.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

The suspension arms of the axles are the most heavily stressed parts of the vehicle. There is no general production error here, but it can be seen that the arms of the model are often worn out.

Every vehicle model has these weak points, your model has the arms. That the bushings were split and that only so shortly after the Mot has to do with the fact that they were already worn to the Mot. Due to the wear the bushings can split.

If you have made a warranty extension these arms would have to be charged to the warranty. If not, it is unfortunately correct that you had to pay for the repair.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I saw the manager about this and queried if it was under the guarantee as the car is not quite three years old and he said it was wear and tear and did not come under the guarantee

Normally suspension parts are not wearing parts such as brakes or clutches and are covered by the warranty.

Have the manager submit another warranty claim to Nissan. This may be approved.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

You´re welcome

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, I hope you don’t mind me coming back to you after nearly 4 weeks about this suspension problem. I wrote a letter to the manager of the dealership asking him to reconsider the warranty. Having had no reply in two weeks I telephoned and a member of staff promised he would phone back in an hour which did not happen. I then submitted a complaint to the Nissan head office Which was very speedily dealt with sorry. The result is that they have a clause in the warranty under the section on what is not covered and the clause says, but not restricted to, despite the fact that suspension is not mentioned as the wearing tear part. I think in anyone’s opinion this is there a get out clause for a carte blanche warranty. This manager seems to be a stick in the mud and hadn’t even got the courtesy to contact me. Nissan has given me a voucher to have a free full service next year when it is due but I still feel that after 8321 miles Of driving this part should not have broken, maybe there was a fault in it. My son says I should go to the ombudsman to fight this case, I might try the car insurance legal which I have. I will be very grateful for your opinion please?. Pauline