experteer
experteer,
77184159

Can I charge the battery on a disco sport, without removing

Can I charge the battery on a disco sport, without removing the battery, with a battery charger
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: The dealership said it was good but it needed a charge
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2015 Discovery Sport HSE, manual said battery must be removed to charge but guy in garage said to charge it for a few hours at home
JA: Are you fixing your Discovery Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just need to charge the battery
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The battery is below half charge and won’t fully charge by driving when it gets to that stage

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

The mechanic's right. Charging the battery for a few hours at home is ok. The battery should only be disconnected if the vehicle is permanently connected to a charger that makes trickle charging, or if the batteries are completely empty. The impulses can disturb the control units.

The normal charge not.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.