Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I was wondering why my engine should need topping up with 1

Hi, I was wondering why my engine should need topping up with 1 litre of top up oil after 6 months usage or is there a problem ?
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: february of this year
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Fiat Panda Cross 0.9 Twin Air Petrol 2018
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It goes back to the main fiat dealer at this time of the year for 2 years in a row for 1 litre of top up oil
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No , I think that is everything, this is my first time on this site, is it free ?

Hi..there.

That generally is running in period for the engine..they will only top up,inspect consumption and top up if its required,doesnt mean to to say they are topping up with 1 litre..or the engine is actually consuming 1 litre of oil..

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Robert, the vehicle health check report and video I get from the dealer says that it is requiring 1 litre of top up oil
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
HI Robert, did you see my reply ?

Yes i can see your rely - They can use upto that during break in period...anything above and over that would be considered abnormal and they would need to investigate that..whether that be a pcv issue or an interanl problem

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do you think it is normal and nothing to worry about then ?

It would be deemed normal imo..once it goes in then they will be able to access the usage and if its within spec..and top if need be..doesnt mean to say the engines faulty..unless its consuming more than it should be..