Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

The dipped headlights turned on while the vehicle was

Customer Question

The dipped headlights turned on while the vehicle was parked. ( the rear lights were not on )The light seitch on the steering column was turned off.
Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Yes.if I remove the fuses the lights go out . When I use the light switch all functions work correctly including the rear lights. I assume the bulbs are OK because they both illuminate.
Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Toyota Amazon 2006
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am trying to identify the problem my self. I removed the fuses to avoid draining the battery
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Car
Expert:  experteer replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

What kind of motorization is it?
How many horsepower does the engine have?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
4.2 litre 6 cylinder diesel 235 HP
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, i'd like to help you.
i'd like to know how this problem started, was it after some kind of job or mishap?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It was following a period of heavy rain
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Why will the info cost me £16 I understood I had paid in full for a trial and this was confirmed in a phone call with your office !
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The vehicle is kept out side in all weathers which has never caused a problem in the last 13 years.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I wonder if it could be a relay but I do not know where the relay is positioned nor how to test it. ?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Please can someone reply to me and give me some advice if not please return my money. Your service has so far been a waste of time to me . I have also had to make 2 expensive phone calls trying to get some information.
Your’s. Mike Harvey