experteer
experteer,
77184159

Shaking slightly whenever not in a gear; shaking stops when

Shaking slightly whenever not in a gear; shaking stops when in a gear.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI Automatic 2007; 92,000m; drives perfectly well, no faults. Could it be a brake witch?
JA: Are you fixing your Octavia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, not myself, replaced spark plugs, and a faulty coil.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

1. where do you feel that shaking, on the steering wheel or rather on the chassis?

2. does the shaking occur at certain speeds and does it change with the speed?

3. does the shaking change when you brake lightly?

Please answer only in this chat because only so is guaranteed that also I answer you.

because the shaking only in standstill appearance we do not need to do the test with the brake any more. Since the shifting a gear of the problem is better to assume that the problem is due to the gearbox or possibly the double clutch.

First of all it would have to be checked if an oil change has already been done on the gearbox, if no oil change has been done, or if it has been done some time ago, then it has to be made up. If this doesn't help then the double clutch should be trained by a workshop tester at Škoda, but also that doesn't bring any success then the workshop has to check the clutch and the gearbox and possibly replace them. Since the vibration is still very weak I would wait in this case with the exchange.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1. No shaking felt on the steering wheel, I feel it under the seat, so I guess it is the chassis. The shaking does stop completely though when I engage in a drive mode (I have an automatic transmission).2. My feeling is that shaking completely disappears when I drive (essentially after I engage my transmission in a drive mode including reverse).3. I didn't test this but could if this would be helpful? It would need to be when the car is stationary as the car does not shake when I am driving.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your reply and advice. The oil was changed in the gear box about four years ago and it would need to be done soon again (by the book). I am trying to understand why changing the oil in the gear box would stop the shaking of the car when the gear lever is in either neutral or parking mode (recalling also that the car does not shake currently when the gear lever in either drive or reverse mode). If you could explain the reasons to me that would be very helpful.

The oil change is an attempt, mostly such behaviors are too old oil.

The gearbox is controlled internally by oil pressure. The control unit in the gearbox releases various channels through which oil is then pressed. This then shifts the gears, or the clutch. However, the oil loses its positive properties over time and behaves differently. This can lead to uneven idling of the gearbox. If a gear is engaged, the control module pressurizes the clutch, and at P the oil flow is completely interrupted.

As I said, this is the first attempt you should make, especially since the oil change at the gearbox is already due again.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, this is very helpful.

You`re welcome