experteer
experteer,
77184159

Just had service they say that the front discs are on bottom

just had service they say that the front discs are on bottom limit although pads only 50% worn and back brakes have no wear at all on them
JA: How old are the rotors? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 18,500
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: citroen c4 cactus 2017
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not done any thing yet as thought it was odd that the discs are wearing more than the pads and rear brakes have no wear
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is Michael, I would like to help you.

Have the brake pads ever been replaced, or has the workshop said anything about rust on the brake discs?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No

Okay, I'm assuming the garage measured the thickness of the windows. If they are below the minimum thickness, they should be replaced, no matter how much is left on the brake pads.

However, I have some doubts about the statement if not even the first set of brake pads is braked and the disc is not rusty.

Unfortunately I can't measure the disc from a distance, but I advise to have the disc checked by another mechanic before replacing it. If the mechanic says the same thing, have the brakes replaced.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.