sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have just bought a 2008 Lexus 460 SEL and there is no

Hi, I have just bought a 2008 Lexus 460 SEL and there is no delay in turning off the headlamps after dark. I would like to do so! Also, is there an automatic service reminder that shows on the dash after x miles or a certain time?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: i have only just purchased the car and getting used to it. I have purchased a Carista but that doesn’t help!
JA: What is the model of your '08 Lexus?
Customer: 460 SEL
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can’t find anything to try in the handbook. I would prefer to fix it myself if possible as the Lexus garage is some distance.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don’t think so - thank you!

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Just to clarify, do you want that the headlights delay a bit more before turning off?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My headlights have no delay and turn off when I open the driver’s door. I want them to stay on for 30 seconds or so. The local Lexus dealer doesn’t seem able to help and I would like to sort it out myself.

Dear customer, I think I understand your query.

1) Yes, your Lexus indicates every few miles you should do the maintenance, but, in your case, as you just bought it, it is best to do the most important maintenance even when it does not tell you, mainly the engine oil and filter, Since the previous owner may have reset the maintenance mileage by mistake, it is only to prevent risks.

2) Now on the question of the headlights this configuration already comes from the dealership and it is not possible to modify it, at least not in these 2008 models that is why local distributor was not able to help you.

Do you understand me dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Entirely satisfied.

Thank you dear customer, it is my pleasure. Please do not forget to rate my answer in the 5 stars rating system as it is the only way i receive credit.
Best wishes, Sebastian.

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes