Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

The stainless steel flexible liner from my oil -fired

Customer Question

The stainless steel flexible liner from my oil -fired condensing boiler goes up through a previously lined chimney ( concrete liner for previous solid fuel boiler) The flexi-liner "leaks" with copious condensation running down the OUTSIDE of it and leaks into the plaster on the wall by the boiler. It is definitely not caused by rain. I suspect the liner could have been installed upside down. How can I tell? Or have you any other suggestions?
JA: How old is your boiler? Where does the leak seem to be coming from?
Customer: A 4year old Firebird. Down the exterior of the ss.liner
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have had the chiney top recemented and a proper rain hat put on. The ss liner has also been replaced---the previous one also leaked condensation around the exterior
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that it is NOT rainfall i.e. it only leaks when the boiler has been running a couple of hours. I have turned up the boiler thermostat which slightly reduces the condensation visible
Category: Car
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you still need help?