experteer
experteer,
77184159

I have a 2013 laurin and klement Octavia estate. The boot

I have a 2013 laurin and klement Octavia estate. The boot sticks at various random places on opening and the close button doesn't get it to fully shut.
Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Skoda Octavia laurin and Clement 2 L estate
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to. Haven't tried anything apart from forcing it open or closed.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The battery is getting weak ready to change soon
Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?
Customer: Probably original from 2013. No not tested it but fault described is the same with engine running

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is Michael, I would like to help you.

Does only the tailgate remain in motion, or does it rub somewhere on the sides?

If the tailgate just stops, you should replace the battery first. If you think it's a little weak. It is possible that the battery voltage will briefly collapse and the tailgate dampers will stop.

If the problem persists, the tailgate dampers must be replaced. The reason is a heavy mechanism in the damper which triggers the anti-trap protection. Therefore the tailgate stops. This error occurs very often.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.