Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

Car doesn't start SEAT Ibiza fr 2013 1.6TDI (CAYC) engine -

Car doesn't start SEAT Ibiza fr 2013 1.6TDI (CAYC) engine - error codes displayed are P0562 & P0685. when ignition on glowplug lamp flashes and brakelights are on
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: battery fine
JA: What is the make/model of your '13 car?
Customer: I've already told you
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just batery so far - I have no idea where the PCM power relay is so can't tes it
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I've told you all the info I have

Oleksandra-Moderator

Thank you for your question and sorry for the delay in replying to you. My name is Steve and I am a fully qualified vehicle technician wit over thirty years in the trade, hopefully I can help.

The code P0562 indicates low battery voltage and this may be due to a faulty battery or alternator.

The code P0685 indicates Engine control (EC) relay - open circuit. this may just be a faulty relay.

This relay is located in the fascia fuse box/relay plate 2 the actual relay number varies on build, but it should be either 8 or 12 on the attached diagram.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask me any further questions.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue.

Many Thanks

Steve

Stephen Rothwell,
Experience: Director at Steve Rothwell Limited