Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

The new auxillary belt won't fit, the auxillary belt - don't

the new auxillary belt won't fit
JA: Which belt is acting up? And when was it last changed?
Customer: the auxillary belt - don't know if it has ever been changed before
JA: What year is your Fit?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you fixing your Fit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes.. fitting it
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the van is a 2003 LDV 2.0 bifuel convoy. The replacement belt is the same size as the old one.. but I can't figure out the belt route throught the component wheels..

Hi my name is Gavin can i have the reg number and could you tell me how many wheels are there .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
WX03 NXB .. there are 5 wheels including the alternator (not shown on the picture of my van I sent)

Just confirm that reg number as it is not going in the database.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yep that's correct WX03 NXB ...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's on DVLA .. https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ViewVehicle but don't suppose that's any good for you looking for specs !?

No i can only get the 2.4 ltr in 2003

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
.. welcome to my world .. hence my reaching out to the experts ..

Whitch engine is in it i know LDV did some odd things around that era .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
oh yes they did ... so it's the 2.0 petrol 8v DOHC ... probably the ford scorpio engine - without the aircon wheel .. and looking at that engine the route I'm trying with the belt is correct... but I can't move the tension wheel arm any more and the belt is still not fitting ..

Thought so let me just go through auto data give me a few mins

Going clockwise stert at the WP then round the crank then up round tensioner down around the PAS pump then finally round the ALT try that.

Let me know if that works.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
yep .. that's the route I've been trying .. the problem is that even with the tension arm at full adjust the belt just seems too short ... and I know it's not, as the new belt is the same length as the old one. How far do you think the tension are should move ? I reckon it moves at least an inch ..

That sounds like the correct movement what other work have you done to it ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
none .. i.e. replaced the alternator like for like and all the other wheels haven't moved ... the only thing I can think of is that the tension arm moves some more ... now you've agreed with what I assumed was the correct belt route, all I can do is have another go later .. tnks

No problem if you need me I will be online till 7pm and back on from 9am tomorrow regards Gavin.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok ... I'll rate this call to finish ... then see where we get to ... cheers

If you need to send any pictures regarding the tensioner send them to my email [email protected] regards Gavin.