sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

The remote locking on my x type is not working so I have to

The remote locking on my x type is not working so I have to use the key. This is ok but for some reason in cold weather when I unlock the driver's door the offside rear door unlocks as well so I know the alarm is going to sound as soon as I open the driver door. Any ideas.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes its been happening for a long time but I've just learned to live with it.
JA: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?
Customer: 2002 x type 2.5 auto
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything yet apart from new battery in key fob.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it thanks.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yes I'm fine with waiting for an answer.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, have you ever replaced the battery of the key fob?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The battery was replaced about three years ago. I have never changed the key fob.

Dear customer, the symptoms the car is presenting in the sway of the operation of the control was because it was already needing a new battery.

The worst thing you have to do is to replace the battery of the control. The problem is that if the control ran out of full power you must reprogram it with your jaguar but for the year of your x type, it is very likely that you must do it through a diagnostic equipment If not, even replacing the battery the control could run out with the vehicle, but try first of all to replace the battery

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience: Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes