Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

My recent question about corolla clutch, the seller is

to follow up my recent question about corolla clutch , the seller is actually a mechanic himself and says that this morning he altered the biting point to lower. does that make sense?
also he told me that at traffic lights there is no need to hold the biting point as the car will not roll back. do you agree ?

Yes the biting point can be altered, and it would normally only need letting off when the clutch was beginning to wear.

If the biting point isnt held at traffic lights etc on a slight hill the car will roll back, but on the flat it wouldn't.

Its good practice to put the handbrake on when stopped because constantly holding the vehicle by using the biting point of the clutch will wear it out.

Any more question do feel free to ask and you can reply to the original thread as this will get straight to me.

Steve

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
many thanks. what about the other question is there only one reverse light

Sorry I didn't see that, many vehicles do only have one reversing light, year was the corolla i will check it out for you.

Steve