Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Smart key don't register properly ha e to hold to sensor to

Customer Question

Smart key don't register properly ha e to hold to sensor to start also does not lock car
Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Focus titanium 2012 sensor to right on steering wheel to hold key to
Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Batteries changes and guy at local garage baffled it happened just after changed aultenater
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that the just just advice on where I go from here
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 27 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer could you please tell me if the garage scanned the car looking for error codes?
Also have you tried to reprogram the key?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Yes diagnostics checker was used before going to garage didn't pick up anything. Believe they baffled with this. Not sure what it could be or next step
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Car had just had altenater changed couple days afore
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 26 days ago.

Hello dear customer, i apology for my delay. Could you please share a picture with me of the sensor, i would like to see by myself to be more specific with my answer.
Best regards, Sebastian.