Rob
Rob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years trade experience
16305601

Smart key don't register properly ha e to hold to sensor to

Customer Question

Smart key don't register properly ha e to hold to sensor to start also does not lock car
Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Focus titanium 2012 sensor to right on steering wheel to hold key to
Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Batteries changes and guy at local garage baffled it happened just after changed aultenater
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that the just just advice on where I go from here
Category: Car
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer could you please tell me if the garage scanned the car looking for error codes?
Also have you tried to reprogram the key?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
diagnostics checker was used before going to garage didn't pick up anything. Believe they baffled with this. Not sure what it could be or next step
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Car had just had altenater changed couple days afore

Hello dear customer, i apology for my delay. Could you please share a picture with me of the sensor, i would like to see by myself to be more specific with my answer.
Best regards, Sebastian.