Gavin Perry
Gavin Perry,
Experience:  dasdasd
105804848

I have a ford transit connect diesel t230 van and the glow

Customer Question

i have a ford transit connect diesel t230 van and the glow plugs need changing. is it worth lubricating them with wd40 first?
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 2012 serviced this year
JA: Are you fixing your Transit Connect yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i need the van for the weekend and wont be able to get a mechanic out on time. the van won't start either. ive charged the battery over night and it doesnt start. it turns over though
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Car
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is Gavin a bit of WD40 will not do any harm but generally glow plugs come out without any problems.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
ive checked the glow plugs but they are ok, the glow plug lights go out after 25 seconds, it still stuggles to starts in the morning, once it starts it starts ok all day.

it has a new battery
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 28 days ago.

If its just in the morning next I would be checking for diesel drop back issue. If there is even a small air leak you will get your symptoms ( long cranking first start then fine all day ) how confident are you with the spanners ?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
thanks
I've been told that i should check the air filter, I'm ok with spanners... so what is a diesel drop back issue?